Purpose: Transition Specialists maintain in-depth knowledge of the transition from high school to adult life, its concepts, assessments, and curriculum for students with disabilities to provide guidance and directions to IEP teams. As well as providing students, families, and schools with linkages to adult agencies in the areas of living, learning and working.
- Serve as a resource to AEA and school staff, parents, and communities regarding the transition from high school to adult life for students with disabilities.
- Provide students, families, and schools with linkages to adult agencies in the area of living, learning, and working.
- Serve as a link for the Mississippi Bend AEA with the Department of Education for transition and work experience.
- Develop, support, and assist work experience and 4+ programming for students with disabilities in districts.
- Collaborate with students with disabilities, families, teachers in implementing, assessing, and improving the effectiveness of transition education and services.
- Knowledge of IDEA, 504, and ADA.
Referral Process: Referrals are made by contacting the Transition Specialist that services your school building. AEA staff, teachers, administration, families, and students are welcome to contact their Transition Specialist.
We are in the process of weeding out and making our transition assessment documents accessible. In the meantime, for copies of these files please contact your transition specialist below.
(Serves Bettendorf Community School District, Clinton County School District, Jackson County School District, North Scott Community School District)
(Serves Davenport Community School District, Louisa County School Districts, Muscatine County School Districts, Pleasant Valley Community School District)