Pear Deck for MBAEA Schools
What is it?
Pear Deck is a communication platform that lets teachers create interactive assessments and presentations that students can follow from their personal devices. It is used in conjunction with Google slides and PowerPoint and assists teachers with designing engaging learning experiences and embedding formative assessments into online classrooms, and is designed to integrate with your district’s existing tools including both Google or Microsoft applications.
Note: Mississippi Bend AEA is offering Pear Deck as a new resource to area schools for FREE.
All teachers have already been given premium access. Complete the add on process and you are set to go!
- To get started creating or presenting with Pear Deck Premium, log-in via the add-on in Google Slides, the add-in in PowerPoint Online, or from the Pear Deck homepage (app.peardeck.com/home) using your district email address. If you login, but receive free trial messaging, let us know!
- If you haven’t installed the Pear Deck add-on for Google Slides, you can do so by clicking “Add-Ons” in the main Google Slides menu, clicking “Get Add-Ons” and installing from the G-Suite Marketplace. You can install the add-in for PowerPoint online by clicking the “Insert” tab in PowerPoint online, clicking “Add-Ins,” and installing from the Office Add-Ins store.
Professional Learning for Teachers and Resources
If teachers want to dive right into some learning there are multiple options:
- View a recorded Pear Deck 101 Webinar
- Register for live training
- Watch one of the many skill specific help videos
- Pear Deck LMS Staying Connected Templates – Shannon Miller– Google Slides
- Staying Connected Templates for Library Media Specialists Shannon Miller– PowerPoint
- Check out these templates, and “The Orchard” for more information.
If you have any questions, please contact Heather Whitman at email@example.com.